The Craftsman Lawn Mower - Types and Features
You may be surprised at all the sophisticated engineering, attention to detail, and rigorous testing that goes into a Craftsman mower. These attributes are what has made Craftsman a brand you can trust, whether for tools or lawn mowers.
Craftsman Lawn Mower FeaturesWhen you buy a Craftsman mower, you can be confident that you are purchasing a product that is state-of-the-art and engineered to last. Here is a sampling of innovative features that Craftsman mowers offer:
- Smooth Start Technology makes pull starting your mower 20% easier to avoid the frustration of getting the mower started.
- Easy Bag Handling via the Rear-Door Interlock System enables quick removal and installation so you can get back to mowing the lawn.
- A Bag Window so you can see when the bag is full and not have to guess when to empty it.
- EZ Deck Wash System connects to your garden hose for easy cleaning to prevent grass buildup and improve cutting performance.
- Rear Wheel Drive for better traction on rough or hilly terrain.
- Easy Glide Height Adjusters to allow for effortless adjustment of wheel heights to just where you need them.
Craftsman Offers a Variety of Mower TypesCraftsman offers a wide range of self-propelled mowers depending on your needs. If you have a fairly small, flat lawn, a less powerful mower will suffice. However, if you have a larger lawn or some hilly terrain that you don't relish the idea of pushing your mower around on, a powerful mower will make your lawn mowing experience much easier.
Craftsman self-propelled mowers come in two varieties: front wheel self-propelled and rear wheel self-propelled. Front wheel mowers provide great traction on flat lawns with shorter grass types. These mowers come in both single and variable speed options
Rear wheel mowers provide consistent traction on hilly terrain and with thicker grass types. These mowers are also easier to maneuver due to the traction being directly underneath the rear bag, which can be heavy when filled with grass clippings. Rear wheel mowers are also available in both single and multiple speeds.
Choosing the Right Mower EngineCraftsman also gives you a choice of engine. Briggs & Stratton engines are the most popular, providing reliable and easy starting as well as excellent durability. Honda engines are noted for their distinctively quiet operation. These engines come in a range of torques to meet every mowing need.
Smaller yards and finer grasses require less torque to get the job done, while higher torques will quickly mow even the thickest grasses. If you have a smaller yard and/or finer grass such as Fescue, a torque around 5.50 will be sufficienet. For more coarse grass like Bermuda, a 6.75 or higher torque engine should be used.
As you can see, there is more to a Craftsman mower than meets the eye. Spend a little time acquainting yourself with all the mower types and features to make sure you choose the right mower for your needs.
Craftsman.com and Sears.com are good places to research and purchase mowers, and mowers and mower parts can even be purchased through Amazon.com.